Mark Your Calendar: Final EOE Features For Season
Last week we enjoyed a wild double-feature with an encore performance Don McIver’s lastest solo show, as well as a mini feature from visiting poet Rich Broderick. Now we’re moving into the season’s final features, so I wanted to make sure you have a chance to catch these poets.
FEATURES FOR EAST OF EDITH OPEN MICS COMING UP:
- Monday October 15th Kenneth Gurney, editor of Adobe Walls and host of the AW monthly reading at Page one, surprising and compelling poet in his own right…
- Monday October 22nd Jennifer Frank whose honed and tightly crafted poems always rivet (and who we don’t get to hear often enough!)
- Monday October 29th Margaret Randall will present her latest collection of poetry Where Do We Go From Here in its entirety and also show related slides of her stunning photography from Cambodia and travels…
- Monday November 5th is nothing other than a Guy Fawkes Day Blow-Out and Other Timely Considerations
- And Monday November 12th will be our last open mic at the Projects for the season and will specifically and explicitly celebrate Sor Juana’s Birthday and also include feature Levi Romero.
Happy Writing. Happy Reading. Happy Listening. And Happy Stage or Podium.
As for Local Poets Guild during the winter, expect some calls for submissions as we launch some poetry discussions in the next couple months. And you’ll want also to watch for the 516 Words event that is forthcoming in November at 516 ARTS and some film and music events in the works. Don’t forget you can subscribe easily to this blog, which will let you know about forthcoming events and opportunities.